Phelps County opened a 51 bed Correctional facility in 2004 replacing a 16 bed facility built in 1913. Phelps County Corrections (PCC) is inspected and in full compliance with State and Federal Standards. Phelps County Corrections house pre-trial and sentenced county inmates both from Phelps County and surrounding Counties as needed. Phelps County Corrections currently have active contracts with the Department Of Homeland Security to hold Immigration detainees, inmates being detained by the United States Marshal Service, and with Nebraska Department of Corrections to hold Prison Inmates. Phelps County Corrections contracts food service with Summit Food Service, inmate phone service with Encartele, Inmate commissary with Trinity. We contract medical services through Advanced Correctional Healthcare. Contact the facility for any questions or concerns.
Phelps County Corrections Mission Statement
The mission of the management and staff of the Phelps County Correctional Center are to protect and serve the citizens of Phelps County by providing progressive and comprehensive correctional services.
The goals of the management and staff are:
- To provide a safe, secure, and humane environment for detainees, staff, and the citizens of Phelps County.
- To provide inmates the opportunity for rehabilitation through various inmate programs.
- To operate in compliance with federal, state and county laws, professional standards and ethical behaviors.
- To implement policies and procedures dictating detainee rules, staff training and daily operation of the facility. These policies and procedures will be reviewed and updated annually to assure all needs are met.
- To work in partnership with the community to develop additional strategies to reduce recidivism, develop alternatives to incarceration and opportunities for inmates.
Items allowed to be mailed or brought to the facility:
- Religious Items (bible (from vendor only), crucifix (no stones), etc.)
- Money (DOC money MUST go to DEC inmate accounting)
- Eyeglasses/ Contacts/ Inhaler
- Wedding Ring (no stones)
- Unopened legal mail
- Items approved by Administration
New, unopened games and books may be donated to the facility, items for a specific inmate must come directly from a vendor approved items will logged and given to the inmate, unapproved items will be placed in the inmates property.
Inmate phone service is provided by ENCARTELE, all calls are subject to monitoring and recording. If you are an attorney and require privileged call the facility at 308-995-3129.
Main Support Line: 866-476-6723
If you are interested in a career in corrections, are 19 years old, graduated high school or GED, have a valid drivers license, and not currently be on parole or probation, submit an application for employment.https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:VA6C2:08a10c10-b791-4a36-8834-2dae7dbdfcf7